The OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA update to Version 2.1.5 provides the following benefits:
- Adds Siri functionality to the speaker when connected to an iPhone over Bluetooth (click here for Siri instructions)
- Provides independent volume control on each OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker when playing the two speakers together with Wireless Dual Stereo
- Reduces audio delay when watching videos on your device or TV when playing the audio through the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA. This allows the audio and video to play in sync with each other.
With one OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker
- The update reduces the delay when connected from your device or TV to the speaker, over Bluetooth or using the 3.5mm audio cable.
- With two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers playing together with Wireless Dual Stereo
- The Version 2.1.5 update will reduce but will not fully remove a delay in the audio playback when you are watching a video on your device or TV and playing the audio through two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers playing together, when the Play Control speaker is connected over Bluetooth to your device or TV. With the Play Control speaker connected to your device or TV over Bluetooth, there will still be delay in the audio and the audio will not play in sync with the video.
- If you do want to use two speakers playing together with Wireless Dual Stereo when you are watching a video on your device or watching TV you will need to update both speakers to 2.1.5 and connect the Play Control Speaker to your device or TV using the 3.5mm audio cable that came with the speaker. With the Play Control speaker connected using the 3.5mm audio cable the audio and video can play in sync with each other playing through both speakers with Wireless Dual Stereo.
- With one OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker
To update your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA from your Mac, you will first need to download and install the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Update to your Mac using the Safari browser.
Please have the following items ready:
OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker(s) with power turned OFF and all cables unplugged
Please note: If you have a pair of OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers please be sure to update both speakers.
The 6 foot Micro USB Charging Cable
that came with the speaker
3.5mm Audio Cable
that came with the speaker
- Requires Mac OSX version 10.10.5 or higher
- Download the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Update with the Safari browser
Step 1 : Please print the instructions to guide you through the update. The printable instructions will open in a new tab. When you have finished printing, close the new tab and return to this page.
Click the 'Download Now' button to download the update file to your Downloads folder.
Step 3 : After the file has downloaded, click the Downloads icon
Step 4 : Click the file "OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA V2.1.5.dmg"
Step 5 : - First, click and drag the "OontZ" icon into the "Applications" folder
- Second, Double click the Applications folder to open it
Step 6 : Double click the "OontZ" icon
Step 7 : - In the first dialog box that appears, click "Open"
- In the second dialog box, click "OK".
- To allow the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Tool to open go to System Preferences then Security & Privacy, and you will see "OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Tool" was blocked from opening. Click "Open Anyway"
The OontZ Upgrading Tool will open with the following screen:
Step 8 : Plug the Micro USB Charging Cable that came with your speaker into your Mac.
Step 9 : IMPORTANT : Make sure your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA is turned OFF, with no lights on and no cables plugged in. We recommend you stand the speaker up for this following step.
- First, press and hold down the button on your speaker.
- Second, continue holding the button down and plug the Micro USB cable into the speaker, then release the button.
Step 10 : In the OontZ Upgrading Tool window click "start" :
When the update is completed you will see the following message "Congratulations! The firmware has been upgraded successfully!"
- IMPORTANT : If you receive the message "OontZ speaker not found!", please unplug the Micro USB cable from the speaker only and make sure the speaker is turned off and that you are using the 6 foot Micro USB cable that came with the speaker.
Repeat step 9, being sure to hold down the button while plugging in the Micro USB cable.
Step 11 : - Unplug the Micro USB cable from your speaker.
- If you have a second OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA, you will need to update it as well by following Step 9 on your second speaker.
Step 12 : After you have updated your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA to Version 2.1.5, your device will not reconnect to the speaker until you do the following:
- First, remove the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA from the Bluetooth List on your Device. On an iPhone or Smartphone go to the Bluetooth list and press the small icon which is next to the OontZ Angle 3 U and then select “Forget” or “Unpair”, this will remove the speaker from the Device List.
- Second, on your device pair and connect to the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA and you are ready to play.
Note: If you have two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers, to play together with Wireless Dual Stereo you will need to pair them together again.
Confirming Update Version 2.1.5
Step A : Power on your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA
Step B : Insert the 3.5mm audio cable into the AUX IN Jack, the Bluetooth Light will turn green and you will hear the voice prompt: “AUX IN Source”
Note: In the following step, once the firmware confirmation begins, the lights on the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA should illuminate in the following sequence:
- Green light will be solid
- Red light will flash 2 times, then
- Orange light will flash 1 time, then
- Green light will turn off
- Blue light will flash 5 times
- Green light will turn back on and remain solid
Be sure not to cover the lights while pressing the bluetooth button or you will not be able to see the light sequence.
Step C : To begin the confirmation, press and hold down the bluetooth button for about 5 seconds until the red light begins flashing. Release the bluetooth button. The red light will flash 2 times, then the orange light will flash one time, the green light will turn off and then the blue light will flash 5 times. The green light will turn back on. This light sequence confirms the upgrade to Version 2.1.5 was successful.
If you experience any issue upgrading the firmware files, please contact our support team by clicking here