OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA update to Version 2.1.2 adds Siri functionality for iPhones connected over Bluetooth (click here for Siri instructions), and is of benefit when watching videos on your device or watching TV and playing the audio through the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA:With one OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker
- The Version 2.1.2 update reduces a delay in the audio playback when you are watching a video on your device or watching TV and playing the audio through an OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker. This allows the audio and video to play in sync with each other. The update reduces the delay when connected from your device or TV to the speaker, over Bluetooth or using the 3.5mm audio cable.
- The Version 2.1.2 update will reduce but will not fully remove a delay in the audio playback when you are watching a video on your device or watching TV and playing the audio through two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers playing together; when the Play Control speaker is connected over Bluetooth to your device or TV. With the Play Control speaker connected to your device or TV over Bluetooth, there will still be delay in the audio and the audio will not play in sync with the video.
- If you do want to use two speakers playing together with Wireless Dual Stereo when you are watching a video on your device or watching TV you will need to: update both speakers to 2.1.2; and, connect the Play Control Speaker to your device or TV using the 3.5mm audio cable that came with the speaker. With the Play Control speaker connected using the 3.5mm audio cable the audio and video can play in sync with each other playing through both speakers with Wireless Dual Stereo.
To update your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA from your Windows PC, you will first need to download and install the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Update to your Windows PC or laptop.
Please have the following items ready:
OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speaker(s) with power turned OFF
Please note: If you have a pair of OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers please be sure to update both speakers.
Micro USB Charging Cable
that came with the speaker
3.5mm Audio Cable
that came with the speaker
Step 1 : Please print the instructions to guide you through the update. The printable instructions will open in a new tab. When you have finished printing, close the new tab and return to this page.
After you have printed the instructions, click the 'Download Now' button below and select 'Open' from the options provided by your browser.
Step 2 : The contents of the installation folder will be displayed. Double-click 'setup' to launch the installation.
Chrome Users: if the download did not open automatically, then click "OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA 2.1.2.windows.zip" in the bottom left corner of the browser window.
Step 3 : A dialog box will appear asking you to allow the app to run.
Step 4 : The welcome dialog box for the OontZ Update Setup Wizard will appear.
- Click 'Next', then click "Next" on the two screens that follow
- When the 'Installation Complete' dialog box appears, click 'Close'
- The OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA Update will automatically launch.
Step 5 : Plug the Micro USB Charging Cable that came with your speaker into your PC.
Step 6 : IMPORTANT : Make sure your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA is turned OFF, with no lights on and no cables plugged in. We recommend you stand the speaker up for this following step.
- First, press and hold down the button on your speaker.
- Second, continue holding the button down and plug the Micro USB cable into the speaker, then release the button.
Step 7 : The arrow button in the bottom right corner of the Update window will turn blue with a white arrow, indicating it is now active. Click the arrow button and the update process will begin.
- IMPORTANT : If the arrow button does not turn blue with a white arrow, please unplug the Micro USB cable from the speaker only and make sure the speaker is turned off and that you are using the 6 foot Micro USB cable that came with the speaker.
Repeat step 6, being sure to hold down the button while plugging in the Micro USB cable.
Step 8 : When the progress bar shows 'Successful' your update is complete.
Step 9 : - Unplug the Micro USB cable from your speaker.
- If you have a second OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA, you will need to update it as well by following Step 6 on your second speaker.
Step 10 : After you have updated your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA to Version 2.1.2, your device will not reconnect to the speaker until you do the following:
- First, remove the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA from the Bluetooth List on your Device. On an iPhone or Smartphone go to the Bluetooth list and press the small icon which is next to the OontZ Angle 3 U and then select “Forget” or “Unpair”, this will remove the speaker from the Device List.
- Second, on your device pair and connect to the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA and you are ready to play.
Note: If you have two OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA speakers, to play together with Wireless Dual Stereo you will need to pair them together again.
Confirming Update Version 2.1.2
Step A : Power on your OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA
Step B : Insert the 3.5mm audio cable into the AUX IN Jack, the Bluetooth Light will turn green and you will hear the voice prompt: “AUX IN Source”
Note: In the following step, once the firmware confirmation begins, the lights on the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA should illuminate in the following sequence:
- Green light will be solid
- Red light will flash 2 times, then
- Orange light will flash 1 time, then
- Green light will turn off
- Blue light will flash 2 times
- Green light will turn back on and remain solid
Be sure not to cover the lights while pressing the bluetooth button or you will not be able to see the light sequence.
Step C : To begin the confirmation, press and hold down the bluetooth button for about 5 seconds until the red light begins flashing. Release the bluetooth button. The red light will flash 2 times, then the orange light will flash one time, the green light will turn off and then the blue light will flash 2 times. The green light will turn back on. This light sequence confirms the upgrade to Version 2.1.2 was successful.
If you experience any issue upgrading the firmware files, please contact our support team by clicking here